Location:Brukenthal Palace, Cartography Cabinet
Duration: 9.11 – 4.12.2016
Curator: Oana Paula Popa (MN ”Grigore Antipa”)
Brukenthal Museum coordinator: dr. Alexandru Nicolaescu
Partner: “Grigore Antipa” National Museum of Natural History
Graphic design: Vasi Alb (MN ”Grigore Antipa”)
Layout: Felix Vâjâiac (MN “Grigore Antipa”)
Online presentation editing: Dana Hrib
The forth exhibition dedicated to the bicentennial anniversary since the public opening of Brukenthal Museum presents the evolution of the most representative museum of natural history in Romania.
The 35 photo-documentary panels describe the history of “Grigore Antipa” National Museum of Natural History back to the princely decision issued on 3th of November 1834 that stipulated the establishment of a National Museum of Natural History and Antiquities in Bucharest. Further on is presented the information related to subjects like the establishment of the collections, of the most important publications, the expeditions organized in different geographic areas worldwide as the Pacific Ocean (Peru-Chile area), the Indian Ocean, the Caribbean Sea and Brazil etc. The exhibition also presents the most important collectors who donated their pieces to the museum, the first dioramas in the permanent exhibition, the most important temporary exhibitions and the international congresses organized by the museum.
The online presentation comprises selective information from the exhibition display.
CLICK TO OPEN AN IMAGE: